Children’s Dental Benefits Schedule
Children’s Dental Benefit Schedule
A new Government Children’s Dental Benefits Schedule has commenced.
All children aged from 2-17 years are eligible for $1000 in Dental services.
This Scheme replaced the Medicare Teen Dental Plan from the 1st of January 2014.
- Assessment by Department of Human Services
- Notification to carers
- Aged between 2 and 17 years
- Receipt of Australian Government payment such as Family Tax Benefit Part A, during calendar year.
- Eligibility fixed for calendar year despite change in circumstance or age
- Basic dental services; Examinations, X-rays, Cleaning, Fillings, Extractions, Fissure sealants, Root Canals and partial dentures.
- A parent should attend appointments with their child for treatment planning, sign consent forms, provide support and verify that procedures are performed.
- Preventive Hygiene & Dietary suggestions are important for parents as well as children.
At Alstonville Dental
- The Alstonville Dental Team feels strongly about improving children’s Dental health.
- We accept the Medicare rebate on items covered by CDBS. (We Bulk Bill)
- Alstonville Dental is passionate that adequately trained and experienced Dentists are the best providers of Dental Care to children.
- No Hygienist, Oral Health Therapist or Dental Therapist will be utilised to treat your children.
- At Alstonville Dental stringent infection control procedures are undertaken.
- New state of the art Sterilisation Room, Ultrasonic Cleaner, Autoclaves, Intensive Disinfection Unit and trained staff, means everything is at our disposal for the best treatment of your children.
- Alstonville Dental believes children attend school for education, so before and after-school time is readily available for dental visits at a friendly, caring Dental practice where prevention of Dental Disease is explained.
- The partnership of your children growing up with a regular Provider and team, in conjunction with home care and advice is well proven family dental care.
- Our spacious rooms include a dedicated pre-schooler play area, on-site parking and aesthetic garden setting.
- Take the time to visit our practice and see for yourself. Don’t risk your Children’s Dental Health with anything less.